Organizations and Websites
- Anderson, Mary B. Opting out of War: Strategies to Prevent Violent Conflict. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner, 2013. Print.
Approaches to Solving Problems and Nonviolence
- Ackerman, Peter, and Jack DuVall. A Force More Powerful: A Century of Nonviolent Conflict. New York: St. Martin’s, 2000. Print.
- Bartkowski, Maciej J. Recovering Nonviolent History: Civil Resistance in Liberation Struggles. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner, 2013. Print.
- Chenoweth, Erica, and Maria J. Stephan. Why Civil Resistance Works: The Strategic Logic of Nonviolent Conflict. New York: Columbia UP, 2011. Print.
- Gan, Barry L., and Robert L. Holmes. Nonviolence in Theory and Practice. Long Grove, Ill: Waveland, 2005. Print.
- Kahane, Adam. Solving Tough Problems: An Open Way of Talking, Listening, and Creating New Realities. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler, 2004. Print.
- Knudson, Gene, Cynthia Moore, Hoffman, and Lead Green. Compassionate Listening Training: An Exploratory Sourcebook about Conflict Transformation. Ed. Dennis Rivers. Santa Barbara: Institute for Cooperative Communication Skills, 2001. Print.
- Sharp, Gene, and Joshua Paulson. Waging Nonviolent Struggle: 20th Century Practice and 21st Century Potential. Boston: Extending Horizons, 2005. Print.
Women and Peacemaking
- Kuehnast, Kathleen R., Oudraat Chantal De. Jonge, and Helga Maria Hernes. Women and War: Power and Protection in the 21st Century. Washington, D.C.: United States Institute of Peace, 2011. Print.
- Kumar, Krishna. Women and Civil War: Impact, Organizations, and Action. Boulder: L. Rienner, 2001. Print.
- “United States National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security.” N.p., Dec. 2011. Web.
- Muscat, Robert J. “Peace and Conflict: Engineering Responsibilities and Opportunities.” International Journal of Engineering, Social Justice, and Peace (Spring 2013).
- Ackerman, Peter, and Jack Duvall. “People Power Primed: Civilian Resistance and Democratization.” Harvard International Review (2005): n. pag. Web.
- “A Rainbow of Revolutions.” The Economist (19, January 2006): Web.
- Stephan, Maria J. “Fighting for Statehood: The Role of Civilian-Based Resistance in the East Timorese, Palestinian, and Kosovo Albanian Self-Determination Movements.” The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs: Tufts University (2006, May): Web.
- Beyerle, Shaazka. “Courage, Creativity, and Capacity in Iran: Mobilizing for Women’s Rights and Gender Equality” Georgetown Journal of International Affairs: Web.
- Ackerman, Peter, and Jack Duvall. “Strategic Nonviolent Conflict: Lessons from the Past, Ideas for the Future” USIP Special Report; United States Institute of Peace (1, May 2002): Web.
Many of these may have study guides on their own or other websites.